A great sale to Iguazu Falls. Since this is a LAN fare, you can do all kinds of fun stopovers in South America. Here’s pricing from various cities:
- New York [JFK]- $500
- Miami [MIA] – $491
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $435
Update 12/7/2014 @ 10:45PM Eastern – this is once again available from New York and Miami.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- February 9th – 17th, 2015
- Valid for travel from January 7th, 2015 – July 10th, 2015. Must purchase by December 2nd
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: la+
- Destination: IGU
- Return Advanced Routing Code: la+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Los Angeles departures, replace JFK with LAX on the Departing from: field)
- (For Miami departures, replace JFK with MIA on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
ITA is getting slammed today. If it errors out on you and you get an error box, do not hit the “search again” button. Instead, go to the address bar and hit enter. It will rerun the search. If it error out again, go to the address bar and hit enter again and again.
- US and South America: O
- Within South America: S and Y
- JFK – SCL (Santiago de Chile) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – IGU (Iguazu Falls) – GRU (Sao Paulo) – SCL – JFK
- One permitted at $75
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 14,504 miles or 3.4 cents per mile. LAN is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American. However, because this is an O fare and the Intra-South American segments are not, American will credit the intra-South American segments at 25%. We had luck with getting those segment manually posted at 100% through AAdvantage Customer Care. But your mileage may vary.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select LAN
- If Orbitz errors out, Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “LAN” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.54 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.