Alaska / United / Virgin America / America – $196: Washington D.C. – Los Angeles (and vice versa). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Last night, Alaska released their Cyber Monday sale with a bunch of cities. However, this particular city pair wasn’t included in the sale. Now it is. $196 to go cross country on nonstop service is a steal!
(For American and United flyers, you can do this for $236. Same fare condition)
Update 12/3/2014 @ 1PM Eastern – Virgin America, United and American have match this fare at $196
Sample Travel Date:
- January 24th – 27th, 2015
- Valid for travel from January 6th, 2015 – March 11th, 2015 for Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday departures. Must purchase by December 8th (this is per the fare rule, does not mean there will actually be any seats left at these prices by then)
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: as
- Destination: LAX
- Return Advanced Routing Code: as
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For American availability, replace as with aa on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For United availability, replace as with ua on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For Virgin America availability, replace as with vx on the Advanced Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
It ITA gives an error message, instead of hit the button on the error message pop-up, go to the browser URL address bar and hit enter to re-run the search. It might take a few tries.
- Alaska: R
- United: N
- Virgin America: N
- DCA – LAX (Los Angeles) – DCA.
- 4,608 miles or 4.3 cents per mile. For American and Delta flyers, this is a R class fare and will earn 0% mileage with them. 100% with Alaska.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Alaska, American, United or Virgin America
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.