Did you miss the sale to Iguazu Falls last week? If you did and you are in New York and Miami, you still can get on it. Unlike last week’s sale, this one is more limited. Two major differences are:
- The sale last week was good for travel until July. This one is only good to the end of March
- The sale last week was good also from Los Angeles whereas this one is only good from New York and Miami.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- February 9th – 17th, 2015
- Valid for travel from January 4th, 2015 – March 31st, 2015. Must purchase by December 12th
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: la+
- Destination: IGU
- Return Advanced Routing Code: la+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Miami departures, replace JFK with MIA on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Between US and South America: O
- Within South America: Various – B, Y, S etc
- JFK – LIM (Lima) – IGU (Iguazu Falls) – LIM- JFK
- One permitted at $75
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 10,778 miles or 4.4 cents per mile. LAN is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with American. However, because this is an O fare and the Intra-South American segments are not, American will credit the intra-South American segments at 25%. We had luck with getting those segment manually posted at 100% through AAdvantage Customer Care. But your mileage may vary.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “LAN” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.54 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.