Delta is having their Cyber Monday one-day sale to all their international destinations. In general, its not much of a sale. The best deals are to Asia, Eastern Europe and Africa. Western Europe isn’t on sale much, though, we did find Los Angeles – London for lower at $890 versus closer to $1,000 normally.These are the ones we found worth checking out from our coverage cities:
- Hong Kong [HKG] – $675
- London [LHR] – $890
- Moscow [SVO] – $615
- Johannesburg [JNB] $855
- Taipei [TPE] – $697
- Johannesburg [JNB] $774
- Taipei [TPE] $719
- Dublin [DUB] – $741
- Istanbul [IST] – $776
- Nairobi [NBO] – $884
- Manila [MNL] – $690. Deal post here
- Johannesburg [JNB] – $770. Deal post here.
- Johannesburg [JNB] – $787. Deal post here
- Beijing [PEK] – $648
- Nairobi [NBO] – $756
- Manila [MNL] – $783
- St. Petersburg [LED] – $736
- Bali [DPS] – $778
- St. Petersburg [LED] – $744
- Hong Kong [HKG] $788
- St. Petersburg [LED] – $668
- Manila [MNL] – $823
These are the ones we thought are interesting. Other city pairs might be lower too.
All these fare expire tonight at 11:59PM Eastern.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles to Hong Kong
- February 9th – 16th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January 6th, 2015 – March 26th, 2015. Must purchase by December 1st.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
ITA is slammed today. If it gives you an error, go up to the address bar and hit enter to re-run the search. Do not click on the error box to start a new search! Do that always for any ITA error message.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – SEA (Seattle) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SEA – LAX
- Two permitted in the United States for $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 14,890 miles or 4.5 cents per mile.
- 2015: 2,912 miles or a difference of 11,977 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Advanced options” and then select “Delta” on Preferred Airline
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Varies. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.