This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale for nonstop service to Reykjavik. On some dates, WOW will be a little cheaper, however, factoring in WOW’s fees of at least $102 round trip for even carry-on luggage, you will definitely pay more.
Icelandair includes ONE free checked bag with the fare, free seat assignment plus you can even earn some useful miles with Alaska Airlines’ MileagePlan program.
- New York / Newark / Boston / Washington D.C. is $312 from late August – October and then $319 from October – early December.
- Chicago is $369.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- August 26th – 30th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- New York / Boston / Newark / Washington D.C.: Valid for travel from late August – early December. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Chicago: Valid for travel from October – early December. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- For Boston availability, replace JFK with BOS on the Departing from field
- For Chicago availability, replace JFK with ORD on the Departing from field
- For Newark availability, replace JFK with EWR on the Departing from field
- For Washington D.C. availability, replace JFK with IAD on the Departing from field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: fi
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: KEF
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: fi
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: JFK
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- JFK – KEF (Reykjavik) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Icelandair is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning with Alaska is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 5,170 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 1,292 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,292 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 104 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.