[FARE GONE] American – $730 – $930: Miami / Philadelphia / Phoenix / Portland / Boston – Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane, Australia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
American is putting Australia on sale. We found availability to:
- Sydney [SYD]
- Melbourne [MEL]
- Brisbane [BNE]
We found availability from:
- Miami [MIA] – $860s
- Philadelphia [PHL] – $860s
- Phoenix [PHX] – $730s
- Portland [PDX] – $800s
- Boston [BOS] – $930s
Update 4/27/2016 @ 6:50PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Miami – Sydney
- August 7th – 17th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from August – November 30th or February, 2017 with a 10 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- For availability from other cities, replace MIA with airport code from above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- Destination: SYD
- For availability to other cities, replace SYD with airport code listed above on the Destination: field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “9-16” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: MIA
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- MIA – DFW (Dallas) – SYD (Sydney) – DFW – MIA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 19,388 miles or 4.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 19,388 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,485 miles (American is going to a revenue based mileage earning scheme in the 2nd half of 2016. For general members, it will be elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5. More for elite members)
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “American” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.31 AUD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.