Delta is putting a few cities in Europe on sale starting around $500. Most are in the $600s.
Here’s what we found:
- Dublin [DUB]
- Shannon [SNN]
- Madrid [MAD]
- Barcelona [BCN]
- Lisbon [LIS]
- Prague [PRG]
- Budapest [BUD]
- Athens [ATH]
- There could be others, this is based on our quick check.
Not all of the above is available from every departure city. We checked availability from all The Flight Deal and Fare Deal Alert coverage cities, and these fares are available from them all. We believe this is a nationwide sale. So check your city for availability.
Thanks to Michael for the tip.
Update 4/27/2016 @ 10:35AM Eastern – Delta availability is gone. United and American has matched but probably will not last much longer. Post have been updated with search instructions for United and American.
Update 4/27/2016 @ 12:12PM Eastern – fare gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles to Dublin on Delta
- May 9th – 16th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until early May or late August – October. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For availability from other cities, replace LAX with your departure city’s airport code
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- For United availability, replace dl+ /f bc=v with ua+ /f bc=k on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- For American availability, replace dl+ /f bc=v with aa+ /f bc=Q on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: DUB
- For other destinations, replace DUB with cities listed above.
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- Delta: V
- American: Q
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- $408 (Will vary by destination)
- LAX – JFK (New York) – DUB (Dublin) – ATL (Atlanta) – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 11,505 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 11,505 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,040 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” or “United” or “American” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Check XE for currency of destination.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.