Emirates – $630: New York – Milan, Italy + Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Two Cities / One Trip). Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Earlier this morning, we posted the Emirates 2 for 1 special between the US and Dubai for $600 per person if traveling in a party of 2. That particular fare requires all travel to be on Emirates so stopover opportunities are normally not available. However, from New York, Emirates services Milan. We are going to show you how to search and price a trip to both Italy and United Arab Emirates for $630 per person if traveling in a party of 2 until May 31st and $680 if traveling between June 1st and December 10th.
$630 is about what Emirates is charging JUST for Milan. For this price, you get an extra city in on your trip!
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR ITA SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BUILD THIS ITINERARY
Sample Travel Date:
- New York – Milan: April 13th
- Milan – Dubai: April 17th
- Dubai – New York: April 22nd
- $630 Per Person: Valid for travel until May 31st with promo code with a 4 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- $680 Per Person: Valid for travel June 1st to December 10th with promo code with a 4 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria: Departing from: JFK Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ek mxp ek /minconnect 4000 Destination: DXB Return Advanced Routing Code: ek (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input) Select “See calendar of lowest fares” Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc) Adults: 2 You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage A few things about the routing codes: At the moment, we are pricing the stopover in Milan on the outbound. If you would like to have it on the return, flip the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Codes Notice we put /minconnect 4000 on the routing code. This is telling ITA to search for a connection with a minimum time of 4,000 minutes or 66 hours or 2.7 days. If you want it longer, increase it.
ITA will price this at $1,360. To obtain the $1,260 or $630 per person price, you must enter promo code “USALK15” on Emirates.com’s Multi-destinations / Stopover screen. This code is valid for travel until May 31st. For travel between June 1st and December 10th, it will be $680 per person.
ITA and Emirates.com are not perfectly sync’ed. So it might required a few different date combos.
ITA and Emirates.com are out of sync — especially for the Summer months. Here’s what we recommend you do to find the stopover:
- First use the “my dates are flexible” option on Emirates to see when the fare between New York and Dubai is available
- Then switch “Advanced Search: multi-destinations” to build out the stopover and see if it price
- For example – let say New York and Dubai is available for $1,297 between June 6th and 16th
- You would then test the date combos like this:
- June 6th – New York – Milan
- June 11th – Milan – Dubai
- June 16th – Dubai – New York
- Change the date of the Milan – Dubai segment or Dubai – Milan segment to see if it price correctly.
- Stopovers take trial and error — unfortunately, this is a bit more work due to the fact and ITA and Emirates are out of sync.
- JFK – MXP (Milan) – DXB (Dubai) – JFK
- One permitted in Milan — which we used
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Emirates is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning when crediting to Alaska is as follows:
- Flown Miles: 13,772 miles or 4.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles with Alaska: 6,886 miles
- Redeemable Miles with Alaska: 10,311 miles (with double miles for US – Dubai segments)
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multiple destinations / Stopovers” in order to enter promo code “USALK15” to obtain this price. Enter each segment and dates individually as shown on ITA to price this. (Only use the promo code if you are traveling before May 31st. It will not work for travel after that)
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Various. Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Emirates, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.