Earlier this morning, we posted the Emirates 2 for 1 special between the US and Dubai for $600 per person if traveling in a party of 2. That particular fare requires all travel to be on Emirates so stopover opportunities are normally not available. However, from New York, Emirates services Milan. We are going to show you how to search and price a trip to both Italy and United Arab Emirates for $630 per person if traveling in a party of 2 until May 31st and $680 if traveling between June 1st and December 10th.
$630 is about what Emirates is charging JUST for Milan. For this price, you get an extra city in on your trip!
PLEASE FOLLOW OUR ITA SEARCH INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BUILD THIS ITINERARY
Sample Travel Date:
- New York – Milan: April 13th
- Milan – Dubai: April 17th
- Dubai – New York: April 22nd
- $630 Per Person: Valid for travel until May 31st with promo code with a 4 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- $680 Per Person: Valid for travel June 1st to December 10th with promo code with a 4 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria: Departing from: JFK Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ek mxp ek /minconnect 4000 Destination: DXB Return Advanced Routing Code: ek (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input) Select “See calendar of lowest fares” Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc) Adults: 2 You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage A few things about the routing codes: At the moment, we are pricing the stopover in Milan on the outbound. If you would like to have it on the return, flip the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Codes Notice we put /minconnect 4000 on the routing code. This is telling ITA to search for a connection with a minimum time of 4,000 minutes or 66 hours or 2.7 days. If you want it longer, increase it.
ITA will price this at $1,360. To obtain the $1,260 or $630 per person price, you must enter promo code “USALK15” on Emirates.com’s Multi-destinations / Stopover screen. This code is valid for travel until May 31st. For travel between June 1st and December 10th, it will be $680 per person.
ITA and Emirates.com are not perfectly sync’ed. So it might required a few different date combos.
ITA and Emirates.com are out of sync — especially for the Summer months. Here’s what we recommend you do to find the stopover:
- First use the “my dates are flexible” option on Emirates to see when the fare between New York and Dubai is available
- Then switch “Advanced Search: multi-destinations” to build out the stopover and see if it price
- For example – let say New York and Dubai is available for $1,297 between June 6th and 16th
- You would then test the date combos like this:
- June 6th – New York – Milan
- June 11th – Milan – Dubai
- June 16th – Dubai – New York
- Change the date of the Milan – Dubai segment or Dubai – Milan segment to see if it price correctly.
- Stopovers take trial and error — unfortunately, this is a bit more work due to the fact and ITA and Emirates are out of sync.
- JFK – MXP (Milan) – DXB (Dubai) – JFK
- One permitted in Milan — which we used
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Emirates is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning when crediting to Alaska is as follows:
- Flown Miles: 13,772 miles or 4.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles with Alaska: 6,886 miles
- Redeemable Miles with Alaska: 10,311 miles (with double miles for US – Dubai segments)
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multiple destinations / Stopovers” in order to enter promo code “USALK15” to obtain this price. Enter each segment and dates individually as shown on ITA to price this. (Only use the promo code if you are traveling before May 31st. It will not work for travel after that)
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Various. Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Emirates, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
“For travel between June 1st and December 10th, it will be $680 per person.” Is there a separate code for this fare or do we use the same USALK15? Thanks!
@Jennifer – there’s no code for travel June 1st and December 10th. $680 is the regular price.
Awesome deal; booked mid-Sept for 9 days; 4 days in Milan. Thanks!
Hello, i’ve been trying to get this fair on Emirates but even after i put in the promo code. it gives me a price of 4100 for 2 people. There is NO SUCH option as “Multiple destinations / Stopovers” i go to plan& Book > Book a Flight > Advanced Search> and then promo offer “USALK15” and still can’t obtain this price. Can you please help me get the price that im getting on ITA MATRIX $1370.80.
I even used your link to Emirates. It’s not working out. I’ve practically 3 hours trying to book this ticket.
Anyone having difficulty increasing the layover time in Milan ? Please help!! When I increase it above 4000 it is showing no flights found.
I’m having the same issue as well. Can’t do anything above 4000
I actually just went to multi city search and just put in dates and it worked. Chose over a week in Milan then to DXB then back to JFK a few days later. Didn’t use any routing codes
so where did you find “multi city search ” button? Was it on Emirates website? If so can you please tell me where?
when you click on “book a flight”, it’ll pop up with another box. in that box, you’ll see “multi-stopover/advanced search option” on the top
sorry it didn’t notify me that you replied to my message. I just did what Kina said. Book flight -> then right above where you put your departure and arrival cities there’s a multi-city.
I actually booked from JFK ->MXP -> DXB-> SEA and it was still only $680 so I don’t think it has to be back to JFK.
and yes this was on the emirates site. Good luck!
Hi, Does this still work?
I tried today and yesterday but seems “USALK15” doesn’t work.