A good sale for nonstop service to Barcelona
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia’s $508 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE checked luggage, advance seat assignment and normal size carry-on
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia also have a $328 fare, but it is a Basic Economy / Economy Light fare. These Basic Economy / Economy Light fares DO NOT:
- Allow for advance seat assignment
- Include checked bags – they are $60 each way
- Allow for changes
- Allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future purchase
- Most online travel agencies are not properly displaying these fares with American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia as BASIC ECONOMY.
Here are some practical travel tips to Barcelona, Spain.
Sample Travel Date:
- May 6th – 15th
- Valid for travel from late April – early May for Sunday through Wednesday departures and Tuesday through Friday returns. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is extremely limited – just a few scattered dates. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: aa
- Textbox 2:
- This is searching for the Basic Economy fare, using those dates on Priceline, you will be presented with an option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: BCN
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: aa
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- JFK – BCN (Barcelona) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 7,638 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 7,638 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,100 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $328 fare in the search results, you’ll be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $180 more (or $508 total roundtrip). The regular economy fare includes advance seat assignment and ONE checked bag.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1 USD = 0.88 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page