This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
How about a trip to both Hong Kong and Tokyo for about $600 roundtrip?
Sample Travel Date:
- San Francisco – Hong Kong: February 4th
- Hong Kong – Tokyo: February 11th
- Tokyo – San Francisco: February 18th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from February – April. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ua
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: nrt
- Textbox 2: minconnect 4020
- The 4020 after minconnect is telling ITA to search for a connection of at least 4,020 minutes or 67 hours. ITA will start to error out once that number is greater than 4,020 or so, however, longer stopovers are still possible. Using the result as a guideline, play with the stopover length on Priceline’s multi-destination feature to see if it price. It is trial and error.
- We are showing NRT as the stopover on the return. If you would like to stopover in Tokyo return then move nrt and minconnect 4020 on the Return Advanced Routing Code section and move ua to the Outbound Advanced Routing Code section
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “7-14” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – HKG (Hong Kong) – NRT (Tokyo – Narita) – SFO. Flights will be coded with a mix of All Nippon Airways and United flight numbers
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 13,859 miles or 4.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 13,859 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,264 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multi-Destination” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually. For this example with Tokyo being the first stop, you would enter it like this:
- Segment 1: San Francisco – Hong Kong
- Segment 2: Hong Kong – Tokyo
- Segment 3: Tokyo – San Francisco
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) – $1USD = 7.8 HKD
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY) – $1USD = 109 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.