This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Cathay Pacific is putting a few Southeast Asia destinations on sales in Premium Economy class. We have flown Cathay Pacific Premium Economy product a few times between New York and Hong Kong and the consensus among the team is its a pretty good Premium Economy product.
ITA will price this between $1,402 and about $1,500 depending on the city pair. However, using those dates on Priceline should be $50 – $100 cheaper.
- New York [JFK]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- San Francisco [SFO]
We found availability to:
- Bangkok [BKK] – LAX, JFK, ORD, SFO
- Cebu [CEB] – JFK, LAX, SFO, ORD
- Hanoi [HAN] – JFK
- Ho Chi Minh City [SGN] – JFK, LAX, SFO, ORD
- Phuket [HKT] – JFK
- Manila [MNL] – JFK, LAX, ORD, SFO
- Taipei [TPE] – JFK, ORD, LAX, SFO
(We are testing Premium Economy / Business Class / First Class deals the next few weeks to sort out some workflow and algorithms issues, we will see how it goes and whether to make this a regular feature – for Business Class / First Class deals.)
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco to Cebu
- October 8th – 15th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from mid August – early December for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- For other cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: cx+
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: CEB
- For other destinations, replace CEB with airport code listed above
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: cx+
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Cabin: Premium Economy <- MAKE SURE TO SELECT THIS TO SEARCH FOR PREMIUM ECONOMY FARES
- Departing from: SFO
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- SFO – HKG (Hong Kong) – CEB (Cebu) – HKG – SFO
- Two permitted for free.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Cathay Pacific is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 15,948 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 23,922 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 15,948 miles
- Elite Qualifying Dollars: $3,189
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Enter your dates, let the results run and then filter for only Premium Economy like this:
Then you will get Premium Economy results:
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Varies. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, Threads @TheFlightDeal or The Flight Deal WhatsApp channel or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.