SHAREShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on LinkedIn0Share on StumbleUpon0Pin on Pinterest1Email this to someone

This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.

An INSANE sale to Melbourne.

ITA will price this at $281, using those dates on Priceline should price lower. Priceline have a risk free 24 hour cancellation policy. Buy then plan.

You must start this trip from Dallas. Cannot start from Los Angeles. You can only skip the last segment of any itinerary. If you miss any segment before the last, the rest of your itinerary will be cancelled.

WE WOULD WAIT A FEW DAYS BEFORE MAKING ANY PRE-PAID PLANS!

Here are some practical travel tips to Melbourne, Australia.

Update 10/30/2017 @ 9:10pm – fare gone

Melbourne, Australia – Photo: Steve Davidson via Flickr, used under Creative Commons License (By 2.0)

Sample Travel Date:

• January 29th – February 5th, 2018
  • This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below

Fare Availability:

• Valid for travel until early December or late January 2018 – May 2018. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
  • Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.

How to Search for Availability:

• This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
  • The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted

• You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.

Fare Class:

• Q

Routing:

• DFW – LAX (Los Angeles) – SYD (Sydney) – MEL (Melbourne) – LAX – DFW

Stopover:

Mileage:

Virgin Australia is a Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:

• Miles Flown: 18,318 miles or 0.9 cents per mile
  • Elite Qualifying Miles: 18,318 miles
  • Redeemable Miles: 9,159 miles

How to Buy:

Accommodations

• HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.

Car Rentals

• Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.

Activities and Tours

• Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours

Travel Insurance

Background Information:

• Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
  • Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.27 AUD

Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:

For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:

* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.

=====

To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)

The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.

Stay Informed on the Latest Deals

Sign up to receive The Flight Deal Daily DealsLetter, to stay up to date with the latest and greatest flight deals available.

written by

The author didn‘t add any Information to his profile yet.

25 Responses to "[Fare Gone] Virgin Australia – $172: Dallas – Melbourne, Australia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes"

1. Brett says:

Damn, didn’t know I could’ve got it on Priceline. Got mine from a bit of a rando/garbage OTA, the only reason I have any faith these won’t get cancelled is because the airline is a Branson airline, seems like they might have the corporate culture to just say “oops, ok you can fly, no changes though”.

But in the event they do get cancelled, I only spent $200 CAD and if they take a while to refund I’m not out a ton of cash waiting for this random OTA to pay me back.

2. Bradley says:

Fares are being repriced and I can no longer find the $172 rate, or anything close to it 🙁

3. joe says:

I think its gone already.

4. Jason says:

I can’t get it to work, shows lowest at $892

5. Sophia says:

i got it for $280… wondering if they will cancel. I had to try three times as everytime i got to the payment page the price jumped.

6. Jennifer says:

I tried doing this and every time i went to do my credit card the fare went up to approx $1300. I could choose airline seats and everything but the price changed at credit card screen. Can you explain? I tried this for 4 different flights.

7. Kelsi says:

Not showing anymore as of 8:30 pm ET

8. Hc says:

It might be gone

9. Tom says:

Couple of People on FlyerTalk report getting cancellation emails from PL and Expedia. Now this might be one of the many trolls on FT stirring up drama…. but I still don’t have a confirmation email after two hours. Personally I’ll be shocked if it is honored at this point, but I’m ready to go if it does.

10. KKloberdanz says:

Got it for $152 RT on Priceline for March. Crossing my fingers so hard they honor it!

11. Tom says:

PL is canceling reservations without call or email for an explanation. It just disappears from your trip list.

12. Sc says:

Yes PL cancelled all reservations. Bookings made with the airline directly still confirmed…it was more expensive though. Not sure if they will send cancellation too …

13. Stacey says:

The best price that I’m finding is $1171 ;(

14. Frank says:

Has anyone else experienced this? Seems very shady for them to mail me 12 hours later to withdraw the offer that I booked and my credit card was charged for.

—-
    Dear Frank,

Our records indicate that you recently tried to purchase a reservation with Virgin Australia. Once the purchase request was made we attempted to confirm ticketing with the airline however the booking has been rejected due to a fare filing issue.

Because of this issue we are unable to confirm your tickets and you will need to place a new reservation for your intended travel dates. Please note your credit card has not been charged.

We apologize for the inconvenience and stand ready to assist you with rebooking your travel plans at http://www.priceline.com.

Sincerely,

Priceline.com Customer Care

15. Pink317 says:

Booked via PL, trip is still active for me thus far! VA and DL show flight record numbers and eticket numbers as well. DL let me choose seats. Am I going to Aussie for $300???

16. Cat says:

Booked directly with Virgin, if we got an e-ticket and confirmation number is that a sure sign that we are good to go?

17. A. McGuigan says:

We got ticket conformation and no cancelation so far. Keeping fingers crossed.

18. Sc says:

I received cancellation today from VA… after 9 days of reservation. Anyone else??

19. SH says:

I booked this deal on 30-Oct for travel on 2-Dec and thought I was safe. Virgin Australia cancelled and their segment of my trip on 10-Nov due to “pricing error” and are sending me a refund (paid USD 326). Can they do that so many days after the purchase? I thought the airline would have to honor after a while :-/

20. Tik says:

If you were confirmed and ticketed and then cancelled, file a complaint with DOT. I filed mine and they are more likely to force VA to compensate or give back the ticket if there are more people who do it. Make sure to attach the itinerary that it was confirmed and your e-ticket and then the email they sent (3 attachements). They are saying cancelling 9 days later is against DOT rules so join in people!

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!