This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale for nonstop service to Reykjavik for PEAK Summer travel. ITA will price this at $571, using those dates on Orbitz should reprice to $537.
Icelandair includes ONE free checked bag with the fare, free seat assignment plus you can even earn some useful miles with Alaska Airlines’ MileagePlan program.
WOW Air have this for slightly cheaper, but factoring in their fees, you will likely pay more unless you can travel with just a bag that fit under the seat. They charge at least $51 per way for any bag larger than that in addition for charging for advanced seat assignment.
Update 10/4/2017 @ 12:35PM Eastern – looks like Icelandair introduced a new class of fares to compete with WOW Air. This fare does not include free checked bag. Carry-on is restricted to 22lbs. It does include advanced seat assignment
Sample Travel Date:
- July 12th – 18th, 2018
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from May 30th, 2018 – mid August 2018. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: fi
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: KEF
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: fi
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- DFW – KEF (Reykjavik) – DFW
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Icelandair is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning with Alaska is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 7,494 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,747 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,747 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 106 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.