This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale for nonstop service to Barcelona with Iberia’s low cost carrier Level. Level will charge between $44 – $55 per direction for bags that does fit under your seat and between $14 and $33 for advanced seat assignments
- Los Angeles: ITA will price this at $424, using those dates and buy them as one-ways on Priceline should reprice to $412.
Here are some practical travel tips to Barcelona, Spain.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- October 15th – 19th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Los Angeles: Valid for travel in October. Availability is extremely limited – just a few scattered dates. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Oakland: Valid for travel from October – November or January, 2018 – March, 2018. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For Oakland availability, replace LAX with OAK on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ib
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: BCN
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ib
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- O and A
- LAX – BCN (Barcelona) – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Level by Iberia is an American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 12,050 miles or 3.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,205 miles
Mileage earning with American is only until October 31st. If you are flying beyond that, credit this to British Airways Avios.
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Los Angeles – Barcelona for $201:
Barcelona – Los Angeles for $211:
Oakland – Barcelona for $201:
Barcelona – Oakland for $185:
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1 USD = 0.84 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.