This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Visit both Paris and Reykjavik. You can go to Paris with or without the stopover in Reykjavik. Pricing will vary slightly depending on departure airport and destination airport.
Icelandair includes ONE free checked bags with the fare.
Sample Travel Date:
- Washington D.C. to Paris: September 30th
- Paris to Reykjavik: October 5th
- Reykjavik to Washington D.C.: October 9th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from September – October. Free stopover in Reykjavik for up to 7 days. Must purchase at least 42 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- For Boston availability, replace IAD with BOS on the Departing from: field
- For New York availability, replace IAD with JFK on the Departing from: field
- For Newark availability, replace IAD with EWR on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: kef
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: PAR
- Icelandair flies into both CDG (Paris – Charles de Gaulle) and ORY (Paris – Orly). PAR will search for both.
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: kef
- Textbox 2: minconnect 2880
- The 2800 after minconnect is telling ITA to search for a connection of at least 2,880 minutes or 48 hours. ITA will start to error out once that number is greater than 4,020 or so, however, longer stopovers are still possible. Using the result as a guideline, play with the stopover length on Orbitz’s multi-city feature to see if it price. It is trial and error. The stopover can either be on the outbound or return. So if you want to do it on the outbound, just put minconnect 2880 on the Outbound Routing Code Textbox 2 field instead of the Return. Then put kef on the Return Advanced Routing Code Textbox1 field and empty out Textbox 2
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: IAD
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- IAD – KEF (Reykjavik) – ORY (Paris – Orly) – KEF – IAD
- One permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Icelandair is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning with Alaska is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 8,384 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 2,096 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,096 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Flights” then “Multi-city” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually as shown on ITA like this:
- Segment 1: Washington D.C. / Boston / New York – Paris
- Segment 2: Paris – Reykjavik
- Segment 3: Reykjavik – Washington D.C. / Boston / New York
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 103 ISK
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1 USD = 0.87 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
or more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.