This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale Singapore.
- San Francisco [SFO] – $435
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $328
- San Diego [SAN] – $442
- Dallas [DFW] – $418
- Chicago [ORD] – $328
- New York [JFK] – $328
- Boston [BOS] – $418
- We know some dates don’t price exactly. Try all the sites we listed.
- Elite Qualifying Dollars – its 0.06 of distance. So from New York, it would be about $1,200 (20k miles flown x 0.06) when crediting to AA. And about $960 from San Francisco and somewhere between that from other cities if it is all JL coded. Some flights have AA flight numbers – we believe these are issued by JL and in that instance it will still be 0.06 of distance. However, if you get a ticket number that begins with 001 (AA ticket), then it will yield very little elite dollars.
Update 4/7/2017 @ 11:45AM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- September 18th – 25th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel on the outbound in April or September – November or January, 2018 – February, 2018 for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- For other cities, replace JFK with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: JL JL
- Destination: SIN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: JL JL
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: JFK
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – SIN (Singapore) – NRT – JFK
- Two permitted at $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Japan Airlines is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 20,106 miles or 1.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,053 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 5,026 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. If Priceline does not pull it up, try Expedia. Or Vayama.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD). $1USD = 1.41 SGD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
JAL bumps prices 400% and Priceline says the flights are unbookable, even though it displays the prices as advertised. Anyone actually have any success booking?
@Jason – we booked via Expedia for January 2018 travel.
Expedia worked for the September dates
Just booked via Japan Airlines site for Jan 11-Jan 22 from JFK for $341.5!
Has anyone been able to find a stopover?
Booked Oct 26-Nov 6 on JAL website (from JFK)! Thank you theflightdeal!
Anyone know whether Expedia’s 24 hour cancellation policy is like Priceline’s? Priceline’s only counts business days e.g. Friday booking allows you up until Monday to cancel for free.
@Brian – we booked this morning and our Expedia risk free cancellation says until April 10th at 11:59PM. So just like Priceline’s.
Thanks The Flight Deal, you guys da best 🙂
The fares from NY appear to be gone.
booked 450 with layover – mostly interested in japan but free one day to get food in SIN!
Was able to book 6 tickets from NY for 355 each in February. Thanks The Flight Deal! Ready for another family vacation!
Is it truly gone now? Anyone know if calling the airline or Priceline can still get the deal? Thanks!!!
the fares from LAX in September seem to be gone
This is why I HATE Priceline, Expedia and the like. You have to have a crystal ball to find a fare that’s advertised for what ?…15 minutes and then it is gone. Nevermind, I’ll just use my non-rev airline employee benefits and fly for $28/roundtrip !!
@JoEllen – the fare lasted about 12 hours. and no crystal ball is required if you follow the instructions in the post.
Impressed you travel in economy, unlike other bloggers.
@joellen, don’t forget, not to wear leggings
Did anyone else’s flight get cancelled? Because mine did !!
@Sophia Wu – which travel online travel agent did you use to book? and when did you book?
I booked through just fly .. I got my confirmation and I even pulled my flight up on japan airlines then 12 hours later I got a cancellation email 🙁
@Sophia – about what time did you book? we booked around 3am eastern on april 7th via expedia and our itinerary is still intact. just want to get some data points. thanks.
Nope I’m def trynna figure out if this only happened to me or other people as well. I booked at 9:30am eastern time on April 7th.
@Sophia – we received one other comment with someone using Gotogate to book and it got cancelled. we haven’t had anyone reporting cancellations with expedia, priceline bookings.
The fares are still available from LAX in Feb.
@the flight deal –
First, THANK YOU SO MUCH! We’ve been able to take MANY amazing trips because of you.
One of the most amazing places we’ve been is Railay Beach, Krabi Thailand. Please look up images- it was only $70 R/T when I checked from SIN.
We hate to revisit since there’s so much to see, so I think we’re doing AUSTRALIA this time. Still a steal!
Do you have any places you recommend for natural beauty and quiet from SIN?
@Philip – dont have any good suggestions for you as we usually go to Singapore to eat, eat and eat.