This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale to Myanmar. It is $636 from Chicago and $686 from New York (both JFK and EWR). On some dates, the mainland Chinese Airlines like China Eastern will have this for slightly cheaper. We would pay a little extra to fly Cathay and have an easier transit in Hong Kong.
Some of us are in Myanmar at the moment, depending on how good the data connection is, we will put some pictures up on Instagram.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Chicago
- March 6th – 13th, 2017
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late February, 2017 – early May, 2017 for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ORD
- For New York availability, replace ORD with NYC on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: cx+ /f bc=Q
- Destination: RGN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: cx+ /f bc=Q
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: ORD
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- ORD – HKG (Hong Kong) – RGN (Yangon) – HKG – ORD
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Cathay Pacific is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 17,982 miles or 3.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
You can credit this to Alaska or British Airways at 25% mileage or 4,495 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Ma
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Visa required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Burmese Kyat (MMK). $1USD = 1,372 MMK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.