[FARE GONE] American – In the $400s: United States – Spain / France / Italy / Netherlands. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
American is putting Europe on sale — even from American and Delta hubs.
- Barcelona [BCN]
- Madrid [MAD]
- Amsterdam [AMS]
- Milan [MXP]
- Paris [CDG]
- Rome [FCO]
…and many others. This isn’t a comprehensive list—if it isn’t listed, search and see if it prices out. But the sale is center around Spain, Italy, France and Netherlands. So if smaller cities aren’t listed here, just plug them in to see if it works. This is widely available even from cities like Des Moines. So should be available everywhere.
This sale is NOT available from United hubs (Houston, Denver, and San Francisco, but is available from San Jose). Available from DC to Rome, Milan and Paris but not the others.
Update 11/21/2016 @ 6:30PM Eastern – fare gone – still available on Delta.
Update 11/21/2016 @ 7:35PM Eastern – fare back
Update 11/22/2016 @ 9:32AM Eastern – fare gone – still available on Delta.
Update 11/22/2016 @ 10:00AM Eastern – looks like it is still available from East Coast cities like NYC, Miami, DC, Boston, Philly, Chicago etc. Gone from other cities it seems.
Update 11/23/2016 @ 3:25AM Eastern – back everywhere again including United hubs.
Update 11/23/2016 @ 6:50PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York – Barcelona
- May 8th – 15th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel on the outbound until early May, 2017. There could be other dates like August – October, we haven’t checked yet. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Must purchase at least 10 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- From other cities, replace NYC with your airport code
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- Destination: BCN
- For availability to other cities, replace BCN with airport code listed above
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: NYC
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- JFK – BCN (Barcelona) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 7,694 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 7,694 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,500 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.