United and Delta are attacking each other’s fares to Cancun. Here’s what we found:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
- Newark [EWR]
- Cleveland [CLE]
- Seattle [SEA]
Mexicois one of the countries with active cases of Zika virus transmission. Please read up on it at the Center for Disease Control if you are planning to go.
Update 10/4/2016 @ 5:45PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco on Delta
- January 19th – 24th, 2017
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel until May, 2017. Blackout around the holidays. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- For availability from other cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- For United availability from Seattle, replace dl+ /f bc=v with ua+ /-overnight on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: CUN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: SFO
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- Delta: V
- United: L
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – MSP (Minneapolis) – CUN (Cancun) – ATL (Atlanta)- SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 6,287 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,287 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 820 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” or “United” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 19.30 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.