Delta is attacking United’s fares to Australia t0 Sydney. We found availability from:
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
- Newark [EWR]
- Chicago [ORD]
- San Francisco [SFO]
Update 8/2/2016 @ 12:55PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Washington D.C.
- August 29th – September 7th
- Valid for travel on the outbound until mid September, November or January, 2017 – May, 2017 for Monday through Thursday departure and returns. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure and by August 2nd
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- For Chicago availability, replace WAS with ORD on the Departing from: field
- For Newark availability, replace WAS with NYC on the Departing from: field
- For San Francisco availability, replace WAS with SFO on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=T
- Destination: SYD
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=T
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: WAS
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- IAD – JFK (New York) – LAX (Los Angeles) – SYD (Sydney) – LAX – DCA. Available from DCA, IAD, use WAS as the Departure City on the From: field on Priceline to search for both.
- Two permitted. One for free and additional at $150. Stopover options include Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Los Angeles
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 19,962 miles or 4.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 19,962 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,140 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.33 AUD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.