Delta is attacking United’s fares to Hong Kong and Taipei.
Hong Kong is $420 while Taipei is $480
Update 7/18/2016 – Price drop. Hong Kong is now $356 and Taipei is $414.
Update 7/19/2016 @ 12:26PM Eastern – fare gone
Update 7/19/2016 @ 8:55PM Eastern – back again
Update 7/20/2016 @ 12:25AM Eastern – Price drop again – Hong Kong is now $330 and Taipei is now $386. Priceline might still might price this at $356 for Hong Kong and $414 for Taipei on the search results page, but if you click thru, it should reprice to $330.
Update 7/20/2016 @ 7:45AM Eastern – Hong Kong fare gone. Taipei still has some limited availability for $386.
At this price, seriously, buy and then plan. Use Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy. If it doesn’t work out, you have until 11:30PM Eastern tomorrow to cancel risk free.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Hong Kong
- September 20th – 27th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September – early December for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Availability after October is extremely limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- For Taipei: replace dl+ /f bc=v with “lax,sea nrt” without the quotes on the Outbound Advanced Routing Code field
- Destination: HKG
- For Taipei availability, replace HKG with TPE on the Destination field:
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- For Taipei: replace dl+ /f bc=v with “nrt lax,sea” without the quotes on the Return Advanced Routing Code field
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- Hong Kong:
- SFO – SEA (Seattle) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SEA – SFO
- Two permitted for $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 14,326 miles or 2.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,326 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,319 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 7,163 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Taiwan New Dollar (TWD). $1USD = 31.96 TWD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.