How about a trip to both Hong Kong and Tokyo?
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark / New York
- Newark to Tokyo: September 15th
- Tokyo to Hong Kong: September 19th
- Hong Kong to New York: September 27th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September – November or January, 2017 – early May, 2017. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- For Chicago availability, replace NYC with ORD on the Departing from: field
- For San Francisco availability, replace NYC with SFO on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: nrt /minconnect 2880
- The 2880 after minconnect is telling ITA to search for a connection of at least 2,880 minutes or 48 hours. If you would like even a longer stopover, increase the time in minutes. We are showing the stopover in Japan first, if you want it the other around, just flip the routing code with ua on the Outbound and “nrt /minconnect 2880” without the quotes on the return
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: NYC
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – SFO (San Francisco) – NRT (Tokyo – Narita) // HND (Tokyo – Haneda) – HKG (Hong Kong) – ORD (Chicago) – LGA (NYC – LaGuardia)
- Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- Miles Flown: 17,975 miles or 4.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 17,975 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,294 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multi-Destination” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) – $1USD = 7.8 HKD
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY) – $1USD = 101.85 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.