American is launching service to Auckland tomorrow. Here’s a good sale with availability for Summer travel.
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $681
- San Francisco [SFO] – $779
- Portland [PDX] – $779
- Seattle [SEA] – $779
- Chicago [ORD] – $862
- Boston [BOS] – $945
- New York [NYC] – $936
- Philadelphia [PHL] – $945
- Washington D.C. [WAS] – $945
- Miami [MIA] – $945
- Dallas [DFW] – $880
- Phoenix [PHX] – $779
Based on the pricing from above, we can say its available from everywhere including Delta and United hubs. West Coast cities will be under $800 except for Los Angeles which is $681. Middle America will be in the mid $800s – upper $800s while East Coast will be in the mid $900s. So while we didn’t list every city, you should check yours even if its a small city — we even found availability from Omaha for $862.
Update 6/23/2016 @ 1:40AM Eastern – prices have gone up about $100 from all departure cities.
Update 6/23/2016 @ 7:40PM Eastern – back to the originally listed price above.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- August 15th – 24th
- Valid for travel on the outbound in mid August, September or late January 2017 – early May, 2017,for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For availability from other cities, replace LAX with airport code from above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- Destination: AKL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “9-16” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- MIA – LAX (Los Angeles) – SYD (Sydney) – LAX – MIA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 13,024 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 13,024 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,846 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “American” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar (NZD). $1USD = 1.39 NZD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, Threads @TheFlightDeal or The Flight Deal WhatsApp channel or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.