American is matching some of the European fares out of mostly its hubs. We found:
- Madrid [MAD] – about $600
- Barcelona [BCN] – about $600
- London [LHR] – about $690
Availability also includes Italy, France, Netherlands from NYC and DC for example.
We found availability from:
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Dallas [DFW]
- Miami [MIA]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- New York [NYC]
- Boston [BOS]
- Charlotte [CLT]
- St. Louis [STL]
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Dallas – Madrid
- November 22nd – 30th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November – early December or January, 2017 – March, 2017. September – October availability for about $100 – $150 more. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DFW
- For availability from other cities, replace DFW with airport code listed above on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- Destination: MAD
- For availability from other cities, replace MAD with airport code listed above on the Destination: field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: DFW
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- DFW – MAD (Madrid) – DFW
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 9,900 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 9,900 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,525 miles (American will be moving to a new mileage earning system in the 2nd half of 2016, it will be qualifying dollars x 5 for general members and a little more for elite members)
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Varies
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Dallas / Fort Worth Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.