A good sale to/from Maui. The last time AA had it this cheap in February, it didn’t last long. Our advice, buy now and see if the other airlines like Alaska, Hawaiian or Virgin will match tomorrow. Use the 24 hour risk free cancellation to your advantage.
Update 5/3/2016 @ 5:08PM Eastern – fare gone
Update 5/3/2016 @ 5:58PM Eastern – fare back
Update 5/3/2016 @ 8:55PM Eastern – most good connection dates are gone resulting in either the outbound or return having an overnight in Los Angeles. This causes Priceline to not properly price ITA pricing – in scenarios where there’s an overnight connection in Los Angeles, use the Multi-Destinations and enter each segment individually to price. We also have updated the ITA search instructions to only search for availability without overnights.
Update 5/4/2016 @ 1:25AM Eastern – availability is still there. Pricing is an issue when there’s an OVERNIGHT connection – when that happens, please use the multi-destination option and enter each segment individually for it to price.
Sample Travel Date:
- May 14th – 20th
- Valid for travel until May or late August – early December or January, 2017 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday departures and returns . Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /maxconnect 240
- If you don’t mind the overnight, use “aa+ /f bc=O” without the quotes on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: OGG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /maxconnect 240
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- SFO – LAX (Los Angeles) – OGG (Maui) – LAX – SFO
- Miles Flown: 5,634 miles or 4.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,634 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 5,634 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “American” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.