TAP has a good fare to Europe. Extremely fast moving deal. Won’t last
- Lisbon [LIS] – $291
- Faro [FAO] – $315
- Porto [OPO] – $315
Also works as one-way starting at $127. Thanks to Spring Tiger for the tip.
Update 4/20/2016 @ 12:50PM Eastern – its gone. Now its from $546
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York to Lisbon
- July 5th – 12th
- Valid for travel in July.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: tp+
- Destination: LIS
- For other destinations, replace LIS with airport code above
- Return Advanced Routing Code: tp+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- JFK – LIS (Lisbon) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
TAP Portugal is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 6,714 miles or 4.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
If you do want a little miles, crediting this to Aeroplan would yield 10% mileage.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “TAP” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.89 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.