[FARE GONE] Qantas – $225: Los Angeles / San Francisco – Auckland, New Zealand. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
A great deal to New Zealand. ITA will price this at $366, but CheapOair will price this at $225 for dates we tried from Los Angeles when it’s nonstop – it will be a bit more with a connection. It will also be a little bit more from San Francisco as there’s a connection and there are extra taxes for connections.
These flights are marketed by Qantas. So no upgrades for AA EXPs with SWUs.
We recommend you wait for the e-ticket number (it will be 13 digits and start with 081) to come via email, then wait a little bit more before making any prepaid arrangements. In addition, we recommend you use AA to connect to this if you are coming from other cities. Oneworld, which Qantas and AA are part of will protect you in cases of irregular operation (mechanical, weather etc) even if you are on two separate tickets.
Update 4/12/2016 @ 8:45PM Eastern – this is gone. It is repricing or unable to confirm.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- July 11th – 20th
- Valid for travel from July – September or late October – November with a 7 day minimum stay (less than 7 day stays are a tad bit more but still cheap — as low as $245 from Los Angeles). Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For San Francisco availability, replace LAX with SFO on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: qf+ /f bc=Q
- Destination: AKL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: qf+ /f bc=Q
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- LAX – AKL (Auckland) – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Qantas is member of the Oneworld and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 13,026 miles or 1.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,513 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,256 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapOair link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: New Zealand Dollar (NZD). $1USD = 1.45 NZD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.