[FARE GONE] Visit 2 Cities – United – $678: Los Angeles – Melbourne / Sydney, Australia + Bali, Indonesia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
A two for one deal where you can visit both Melbourne or Sydney and Bali.
First search for availability from Los Angeles to Bali via Melbourne or Sydney (instructions provided below). Then use Google Flights to search for the Melbourne or Sydney stopover. You might have to try a few dates on Google Flights that falls within the Bali and LA dates to find a workable Melbourne or Sydney stopover—trial and error. ITA will price LAX – Bali for $605. With the stopover in Melbourne, it will be $678. Sydney will be a few dollars more.
Update 4/11/2016 @ 7:08PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Los Angeles to Melbourne: May 10th
- Melbourne to Bali: May 16th
- Bali to Los Angeles: May 19th
- Valid for travel in May. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: mel
- For Sydney stopovers, replace mel with syd on both the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: DPS
- Return Advanced Routing Code: mel
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “7-14” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX (Los Angeles) – MEL (Melbourne) – DPS (Bali) – MEL – LAX Segments between Sydney and Bali will be operated by Jetstar and will not be non-mileage earning. Do note that Jetstar is a low cost carrier and might charge you a baggage fee for the ONE individual segment between Sydney and Bali. Just be mindful of that.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- Miles Flown: 20,281 miles or 3.3 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,842 miles or 4.7 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 2,635 miles
How to Book:
- Book on Google Flights. We have pre-populated the sample samples above, so just play around with dates and departure city to get pricing around your preferred dates within the ITA availability.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.32 AUD
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – $1USD = 13,126 IDR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.