An excellent sale to Taipei.
Pro Tip: The foreign exchange counter at airport and banks in Taipei are very competitive for exchanging money. In fact, it was within the XE.COM rate when we were there in March. It would make sense to exchange money vs taking it out at the ATM in this particular instance.
Thanks 柯佩均 for the tip.
Update 4/1/2016 @ 3:42PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- September 19th – 26th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September – early December for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 7 day in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ORD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: TPE
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- ORD – DTW (Detroit) – NRT (Tokyo) – TPE (Taipei) – NRT – DTW – ORD
- Two permitted at $100 each in Asia.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 15,932 miles or 3.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 15,932 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,097 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 7,966 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Taiwan New Dollar (TWD). $1USD = 32.59 TWD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
I have purchased this flight and was wondering the best way to add a stopover! I tried adding it in manually through priceline, but was unsuccessful. Is it possible to add by calling the airline? Thanks!