Icelandair is putting Reykjavik on sale from a few cities for either $396 or $496 for travel until March, 2016. We found availability,
For $396 from:
- New York [JFK]
- Newark [EWR]
- Boston [BOS]
- Washington D.C. [IAD]
- Seattle [SEA]
- Denver [DEN]
We think Icelandair is better than WOW’s sometime $248 roundtrip fares for a lot of travelers. Icelandair offers 2 free checked bags in addition to allowing normal size carry-ons for free. WOW charges $48 per segment for checked luggage and allows for free carry-ons of only 5 kilograms or about 12 lbs. With Icelandair, you don’t have to worry about being hit with baggage fees.
Doesn’t meet our 6 cents per mile criterion, nor does it earn any miles. Just a cheap fare to Reykjavik.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York – JFK
- February 5th – 9th, 2016
- Valid for travel from January 10th, 2016 – March, 2016. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- For availability from other cities, replace JFK with airport code listed above next to the cities in the opening paragraph of this post
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: fi
- Destination: KEF
- Return Advanced Routing Code: fi
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: JFK
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- JFK – KEF (Reykjaviki) – JFK
- Miles Flown: 5,170 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Icelandair” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Icelandic Krona (ISK). $1USD = 129.13 ISK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.