A good sale to Oman
Sample Travel Date:
- November 16th – 23rd
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 1st – 20th or January 11th, 2016 – March 17th, 2016. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure. There is also availability for about $10 more in October and in April and early May, 2016
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua dxb fz
- Destination: MCT
- Return Advanced Routing Code: fz dxb ua
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- United: K
- Swiss: K
- FlyDubai: V
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- IAD – DXB (Dubai) – MCT (Muscat) – DXB – IAD. The segment between Dubai and Muscat will be operated by FlyDubai or Swiss Air
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- Miles Flown: 14,572 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,138 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 3,730 miles
How to Book:
- Book via Google Flights with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival. 20OMR or approximately $52. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Omani Rial (OMR) $1USD = 0.384 OMR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.