A while ago, Delta introduced a new class of fares called Basic Economy to match Spirit fares mainly out of Detroit to leisure markets mostly in Florida. Most Basic Economy or E fares we have seen were out of Detroit. This is the first instance where we have seen it to/from Atlanta.
Be mindful of the following with Basic Economy fares:
- No cancellation rights (with existing tickets, you can cancel the ticket and retain some value of the ticket)
- No changes permitted (with existing tickets, you pay a change fee and can change dates etc)
- No advance seat assignment. Seat assignment provided at checkin even for Delta elite status members
Sample Travel Date:
- September 16th – 22nd
- Valid for travel until early December or January, 2016 – February, 2016 for Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday departures. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=E
- Destination: ATL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=E
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – ATL (Atlanta) – LAX
- Miles Flown: 3,882 miles or 5.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,882 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 874 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 25% mileage or 970 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book. Make sure you enter “Delta” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- There’s been some issues with Priceline on Firefox. If it does not work for you on Firefox, use Chrome
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.