United is putting a lot of cities on sale to Cancun. Here’s what we found:
The Flight Deal Coverage Cities:
- Boston [BOS]
- New York [LGA]
- Newark [EWR]
- Philadelphia [PHL]
- Baltimore [BWI]
- San Jose [SJC]
- Portland [PDX]
- Santa Ana [SNA]
- Phoenix [PHX]
- Dallas [DFW]
We did not find any availability from Seattle, Chicago or Miami
Fare Deal Alert Cities:
- San Diego [SAN]
- Las Vegas [LAS]
- Orlando [MCO]
- Charlotte [CLT]
- Kansas City [MCI]
We did not find any availability from Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Denver and Houston
- Sacramento [SMF]
- Pittsburgh [PIT]
- Indianapolis [IND]
- Nashville [BNA]
Based on these quick checks, we believe this is available from a lot of cities with the exception of United and Delta hubs. So if we didn’t list yours, might be worth a quick check to see if anything is available.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Boston
- October 2nd – 6th
- Valid for travel until November 30th. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: BOS
- For other departure cities, replace BOS on the Departing from: field with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /maxconnect 360
- There is more availability with overnight connections – we are only showing itineraries with connections of less than 6 hours. If you don’t mind the overnight, drop the /maxconnect 360 from the routing code
- Destination: CUN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /maxconnect 360
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: BOS
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- BOS – IAH (Houston) – CUN (Cancun) – IAH – BOS
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,812 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,812 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 735 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book. Make sure you enter “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section.
- We have been having some issues with Priceline on Firefox. If it does not work for you on Firefox, use Chrome
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 16.19 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.