Last month, we posted the deal to Guam starting at $744 from most of the United States. Guam NEVER goes on sale! There is still some availability left but not as good as last month. In addition, the fare now has an expiration date of August 11th, at which point, these prices will be gone.
Here are the cities where we found availability:
The Flight Deal Coverage Cities:
- New York [NYC] – $773
- Boston [BOS] – $888
- Washington D.C. – $897
- Miami [MIA] – $962
- Dallas [DFW] – $898
- Phoenix [PHX] – $858
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $739
- San Francisco [SFO] – $817
- Seattle [SEA] – $914
- Chicago [ORD] – $892
Philadelphia and Portland do not have anything under $1,000.
Fare Deal Alert Coverage Cities:
- Orlando [MCO] – $938
- Houston [IAH] – $895
- San Diego [SAN] – $782
- Las Vegas [LAS] – $836
- Denver [DEN] – $895
We didn’t find anything sub-$1,000 from Atlanta, Charlotte, Detroit, Minneapolis, or Kansas City. As you can see, the sale is pretty broad — and should be available from more cities, so check yours.
This does not work from Guam to the United States.
Guam is an US Territory and while you don’t usually need a passport to visit, Delta will connect you via Japan. So, you will need one to go in this case.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- November 9th – 17th
- Valid for travel from September – early December or late January, 2016 – May, 2016 for Monday through Thursday departures with a 5 day minimum stay. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure and by August 11th
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- For availability from other cities, replace NYC on the Departing from: field with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: GUM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: NYC
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – GUM (Guam) – NRT – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 16,569 miles or 4.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,569 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,295 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 8,298 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.