Ixtapa / Zihuatanejo on sale usually goes for over $600. While the price for this is good, there are a few things to be mindful of with this:
- Overnight layovers required on both outbound and return at the connecting city (Dallas or Phoenix) on most itineraries
- Availability is extremely limited
We found availability from:
- Newark [EWR]
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Denver [DEN]
- Houston [IAH]
- Cleveland [CLE]
This part of the Cancun / Cabo / Puerto Vallarta sale that we posted last week and is still valid. However, United pulled their fare out of American hubs last night so this probably won’t last much longer.
Update 6/30/2015 @ 5:47PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark on American
- January 9th – 16th, 2016
- Valid for travel on from December – early February, 2016. Availability is extremely limited. Availability is best in January, 2016. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure and by June 30th (TODAY)
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- Destination: CZM
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace EWR with airport code listed above on the Departing from: field)
- (For US Airways availability, replace aa+ with us+ on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- EWR – PHX (Phoenix) – ZIH (Ixtapa / Zihuatanejo) – DFW (Dallas) – EWR
- One permitted at the Gateway
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 5,850 miles or 3.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,850 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 5,850 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “US Airways” or “American” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 15.54 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.