United has been attacking American / US Airways fares this week to Mexico. American is finally returning the favor out of:
- Newark [EWR]
- Chicago [ORD]
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Denver [DEN]
- Houston [IAH]
- Cleveland [CLE]
Available destinations are:
- Cancun [CUN]
- Puerto Vallarta [PVR]
- Cabo San Lucas [SJD]
Update 6/26/2015 @ 5:15PM Eastern – gone from Chicago. We are still seeing availability from the rest of the listed cities.
Update 6/26/2015 @ 8:30PM Eastern – price drop. Under $200 for Cancun and Puerto Vallarta. About $205 for Cabo San Lucas. CHEAP!
Update 6/27/2015 @ 7:20PM Eastern – there does not seem to be an itineraries left without overnight connections.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark to Cancun on US Airways
- September 12th – 16th
- Valid for travel on from late August – February, 2016. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: us us
- Destination: CUN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: us us
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace PHL with airport code listed above on the Departing from: field)
- (For availability to Cabo or Puerto Vallarta, replace CUN with SJD or PVR respectively on the Destination: field)
- (For American availability, replace us us with aa aa on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- EWR – DFW (Dallas) – CUN (Cancun) – DFW – EWR
- One permitted at the International Gateway
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,796 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,796 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 4,796 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “US Airways” or “American” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section. Select Multi-Destination and enter each segment and dates individually for this to price.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 15.54 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.