We don’t normally feature Turkish Airlines fares because they are non-mileage earning and other carriers usually match them. But we don’t think anyone will match this one.
Flights to Kuala Lumpur, even on sale, are usually about $900 from the New York, so this $300 cheaper than a sales fare. It is similar from other cities.
Here’s what we found:
- New York [JFK] – $589
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $628
- Boston [BOS] – $608
- Miami [MIA] – $625
- Houston [IAH] – $599
ITA and Turkish availability is not synced 100%. If your dates doesn’t work, try different ones.
Update 6/26/2015 @ 5:00AM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- January 11th – 19th, 2016
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 1st – March 10th, 2016. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ist
- Destination: KUL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ist
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For departures from other cities, replace NYC with airport code listed above)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- JFK – IST (Istanbul) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) – IST – JFK
- One for free and one additional at $65
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Turkish is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 20,400 miles or 3.9 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
It will earn 25% mileage with Turkish’s program. So create an account and credit it there.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “Turkish” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 3.76 MYR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.