There has been a bunch of deals from the US to Cancun on American and United. The challenge with the American ones were long overnight layovers on most travel dates while the United ones have generally been only out of AA hubs.
This one does not require any overnights and availability is good.
Here’s where we found availability:
- New York [NYC]
- Boston [BOS]
- Baltimore [BWI]
- Nashville [BNA]
- Raleigh [RDU]
- Oklahoma City [OKC]
- Tulsa [TUL]
- Milwaukee [MKE]
- Pittsburgh [PIT]
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- September 14th – 19th
- Valid for travel from late August – September 30th. Must purchase at least 50 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /maxconnect 240
- We are only showing search results with connections of no more than 4 hours
- Destination: CUN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl+ /maxconnect
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For availability from other cities, replace NYC with airport code listed above on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- JFK – ATL (Atlanta) – CUN (Cancun) – SLC (Salt Lake City) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 5,634 or 4.7 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,634 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 660 miles
Unless you are a Delta frequent flyer, you would earn more redeemable miles crediting this to Alaska Airlines if you take a routing that is 100% operated by Delta with Delta flight numbers. You will earn 50% mileage or 2,817 miles when crediting to Alaska with this routing. Mileage accrual will vary depending on routing.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Mexican Peso (MXN) – $1USD = 15.54 MXN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.