A good sale to Paraguay. This fare is an H fare == meaning, 150% elite qualifying miles and 100% redeemable mileage with United for the Copa operated segments. You don’t see many of those anymore.
Sample Travel Date:
- December 29th, 2015 – January 5th, 2016
- Valid for travel from December 16th – January 31st, 2015 with a 5 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: EWR
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: pty
- Destination: ASU
- Return Advanced Routing Code: pty
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- EWR – PTY (Panama City) – ASU (Asuncion) – PTY – EWR. Segments between Newark and Panama City will be operated by United
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Copa a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows
- Miles Flown: 10,014 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: At least 12,805 miles or 3.9 cents per mile (Since we do not know what the United codeshare map to, we assume you will earn 100% elite qualifying miles for the EWR-PTY segments)
- Redeemable Miles: 10,014 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Copa
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Paraguayan Guarani (PYG) $1USD = 5,154 PYG
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
With regards to visa requirement, I quote from the US State Department:
“All U.S. citizens entering Uruguay for business or pleasure must have a valid passport. If you are traveling on a regular passport, you do not need a visa for a visit of less than three months. If you are traveling on a diplomatic or official passport, you must have a visa. “
@[email protected]’hare – you are definitely correct about Uruguay – no visa required for Americans. However, if you want to take advantage of the deal and go to Paraguay, you will need to get a visa.
Oops. I was wrong. A visa is required for entering Paraguay but you can do it on arrival by air at Asuncion International Airport and it costs $160.
@Tim – the visa on arrival is good for one-time. but if you get it at the consulate here in the US, it is good for 10 years.
The flight I booked mapped onto U with United.