Ben over at One Mile at a Time reports that American is selling DC to Beijing for about $400. Thats crazy!
Update 3/17/2015 @ 11:39PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- April 6th – 13th
- Valid for travel from March 18th – June 1st or September 1st – 3rd. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa aa
- Destination: PEK
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa aa
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- On Cabin, select Business
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- DCA – ORD (Chicago) – PEK (Beijing) – ORD – DCA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 14,340 miles or 3.1 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,340 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 21,510 miles or 2.1 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book on AA.com with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Or use Google.com/flights to link.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.08 CNY
- How to Visit Shanghai or Beijing for Up to 72 Hours without a Visa
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.
$442 April 6th to 16th!
$442 May 7-11
I fully expect these to be cancelled the base fare was $0 but it would be awesome if they allowed those that got them to go…good PR
Looks like it’s gone. AA.com wonked out during the booking process and now I’m seeing much higher fares for April to June.
Deal no longer avail 🙁
booked two business class tickets at $482 each (fare was $20 each)!! May 9 – DCA-DFW-PEK, May 16 PEK-ORD-DCA. Looks like AA is only starting nonstop flights from DFW to PEK starting May 7. Website says they’ll be using the new retrofitted 777-200s for these flights but my seat map shows the old 2-3-2 configuration in business class…wonder if that’ll change in the days leading up the the flight! I hope it does!
Put one ticket on 24 hr hold last night, went to purchase today and told the fair is not valid and they are not going to honor it.
Yes, the same happened to me. They are very rude to reply, The only way is to I report to the Customer relations, which I just did. Well.