A really good sale from Emirates to South Africa. Couple with the ongoing USJET16 promotion code for $50 off coach per passenger and $500 off business class, you can travel for as little as $685 to Johannesburg.
Flights within South Africa are relatively inexpensive via low cost carriers like Kulula (own by British Airway affiliate Comair) or Mango (own by South African)
Unlike previous Emirates sales, this does not require you to travel with someone else to get this price. So enjoy those solo trips.
Prices to Johannesburg for our coverage cities:
- Boston [BOS] – $785 before discount
- New York [JFK] – $735 before discount
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $835 before discount
- Dallas [DFW] – $735 before discount
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $836 before discount
- San Francisco [SFO] – $786 before discount
- Seattle [SEA] – $786 before discount
- Chicago [ORD] – $875 before discount
Durban is also on sale from a few cities: New York and Boston [$790 before discounts], Dallas [$743 before discounts, and Washington D.C. [$841 before discounts].
Even without the discount, these are lower than the norm. With the discount, these are really good prices.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York to Johannesburg
- January 18th – 25th, 2016
- If you are using the USJET16 coupon: Valid for travel from January, 2016 – April, 2016 with 7 day minimum stay for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Emirates Promo: Valid for travel from January, 2016 – mid May, 2016 or late August, 2016 – early November 2016 with a 7 day minimum stay for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure and by December 28th
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- The best way is to plug your dates on Emirates and then select “My Dates is Flexible” to see pricing. Emirates does not let you enter the promo code USJET16 and have “My Dates is Flexible” at the same time. So find your dates first using “My Dates is Flexible” first, then go through the booking process without “My Dates is Flexible” with the USJET16 promo code to book on the “Book” tab, then select “Search for flights”. You should then see the “Promotional Offers” textbox to enter the USJET16 promo code.
- JFK – DXB (Dubai) – JNB (Johannesburg) – DXB – JFK
- One permitted in Dubai
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Emirates is an Alaska Air partner. Mileage earning when crediting to Alaska is as follows:
- Flown Miles: 21,638 miles or 3.2 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,819 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 10,819 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Emirates link to book. See the above “How to Search Availability” section for finding availability with the USJET16 promo code.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: South African Rand (ZAR). $1USD = 15.09 ZAR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Emirates, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.