We fly the NYC – Toronto route a lot. Getting it under $200 is a deal. For those who got the sub $400 Rio deal out of Toronto and is New York based, you can buy this as an one-way for about $75.
TAM is the largest airline in Brazil and operates the New York to Toronto as a continuing segment from their Rio to New York service. Between New York and Toronto, they operated 5 times per week (except for Tuesday and Thursdays) using a Boeing 767 plane — twin aisles versus everyone else on this route who flies single aisle planes.
ITA will price this as $187 roundtrip. But when you go and purchase this on Orbitz, it will price at $165 on the confirmation screen.
This also works from Toronto to New York. It will be about $195 Canadian roundtrip including all Taxes.
What is The Shorthaul? It is our irregular feature of deals under $200 and 3,000 miles roundtrip.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 3rd – 5th
- Valid for travel from March 29th – May 13th. Must purchase at least 10 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: jj
- Destination: YYZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code: jj
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- JFK – YYZ (Toronto) – JFK
TAM is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner.
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 718 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 718 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select TAM
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database.
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD). $1USD = 1.24CAD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.