The sale to Bangkok from from November 6th, 2014 is still available. Delta has also joined the fun.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with American
- February 2nd – 9th
- American: Valid for travel on the outbound from January 10th, 2015 – April 15th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures departures. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Delta: Valid for travel on the outbound until May 20th, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures departures. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- United: Valid for travel on the outbound from January 10th, 2015 – April 15th, 2015 for Sunday through Thursday departures departures. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa aa
- Destination: BKK
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa aa
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Delta availability, replace aa aa with dl dl on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- (For United availability, replace aa aa with ua ua on the Advanced Routing Code fields)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
(For American flyers, you can also route via Hong Kong on AA’s 77W service. To find availability, on the outbound advanced routing code field, use dfw hkg. On the return routing code field, use hkg dfw.)
- American: Q
- Delta: V
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – BKK (Bangkok) – NRT – LAX.
- For American – the segments between Tokyo and Bangkok will be operated by Japan Airlines
- For United – the segments between Tokyo and Bangkok will be operated by All Nippon Airways
- American: Two permitted in the United States for $100 each
- Delta: Two permitted in the United States for $100 each
- United: Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- 16,652 miles or 4.7 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “American” or “Delta” or “United” on the Airline textbox in the Advanced Flight Options section
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Thai Bhat (THB). $1USD = 33.05 THB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.