Delta – $314 – $400: Chicago / Washington D.C. / San Francisco / Denver / Houston / Cleveland – Moscow / St. Petersburg, Russia. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Delta is aggressively attacking United’s hubs with very cheap fares to Russia. We found availability from every hub except Newark.
Airport codes from departures:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
- Cleveland [CLE]
- Denver [DEN]
- Houston [IAH]
Destination airport codes:
- Moscow [SVO]
- St. Petersburg [SVO]
The basefare on these tickets is $1. You do the math on whether or not these will last.
Update 1/6/2015 @ 12:45PM Eastern – St. Petersburg is still pricing at $359, however, Moscow is now $414.
H/T: bsegreto on FT.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Moscow from San Francisco
- February 3rd – 12th
- Valid for travel from January 12th, 2015 – March 12th or April 20th – May 14th for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States with a 7 day minimum say. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- Destination: SVO
- Return Advanced Routing Code: dl dl
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other departures and St. Petersburg, replace SFO and SVO with your departure city and airport code respectively)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – JFK (New York) – SVO (Moscow) – JFK – SFO. Depending on routing, segments might be operated by KLM, Air France, Alitalia under Delta flight numbers.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 14,488 miles or 2.1 cents per mile.
- Base Redeemable Miles: 1,000 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 60.90 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.