When we first posted this last month for about $30 more, we thought there was no way it would last. Not only did it last, but its now slightly cheaper! Availability is better in 2015 than 2014
Update 11/6/2014 @ 9:55PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- November 18th – December 3rd
- Valid for travel for travel on the outbound until November 30th and January, 2015 – April, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures for the overwater segment with a 14 day minimum stay. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: f? dl f?
- Destination: DPS
- Return Advanced Routing Code: f? dl f?
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (If you are traveling this year and want all Delta flight numbers to maximize mileage earning:
- On the Outbound Advanced Routing Code field: atl,dtw,jfk,msp nrt tpe
- On the Return Advanced Routing Code field: tpe nrt atl,dtw,jfk,msp
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “10-17” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Delta: V
- Garuda: V (non-mileage earning)
- Asiana: S (70% with United)
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- PHL – DTW (Detroit) – ICN (Seoul) – DPS (Bali – Denpasar) – ICN – DTW – PHL. Segments within Asia can be operated by Delta, Garuda Indonesia, China Airlines, Korean Air, Asiana
- Two permitted at $100 each in the United States and one in Asia for free (but not Japan, Mariana Islands, Guam or Palau).
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 20,682 miles or 2.5 cents per mile. The segments between Korea and Bali are non-mileage earning, as such, you will earn 14,118 miles or 3.6 cents per mile.
- 2015: 2,052 miles or a difference of 12,066 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta. If the flight options resulted back by ITA are not all Delta flight numbers but include flights on Garuda Indonesia, Korean Air, Asiana or China Air, then add that carrier on Airline 2 on the “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” with Delta being Airline 1. If ITA results back 3 airlines within the itinerary, then add that carrier on Airline 3 on the “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines
- Orbitz charges a $7 service fee for multi-carrier itinerary that is not refunded should you cancel within the risk free cancellation period.
Sample with 2 connections — Delta to Korea and then Asiana / Garuda to Bali for $514
Sample with 3 connections and all Delta flight numbers for $515 via Tokyo and Taipei:
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – $1USD = 11,455 IDR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.