Don’t believe we have ever seen Bali on sale for this cheap that is full mileage earning from the US. At least not in the last 3 years since we been up and running.
It is never easy getting to Bali. But once there, worth it. The $730 price is for Monday through Thursday departures ($740 on ITA, but Orbitz will price it at $730 based on our checks). Friday through Sunday departures are about $60 more ($790).
Update 10/14/2014 @ 11:00AM Eastern – if you stay more than 14 days, the fare is $541. It is $760 for stays under 14 days. Thanks to Robert for this.
Sample Travel Date:
- Old: November 17th – 25th
- New: November 17th – December 2nd
- Valid for travel for travel until November 30th and mid-January, 2015 – April, 2015. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: PHL
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: atl,msp,dtw,jfk nrt tpe
- Destination: DPS
- Return Advanced Routing Code: nrt tpe dtw,atl,msp,jfk
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For travel after February, 2015 — on the Advanced Routing Codes, use “f? dl f?” without quotes instead)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “12-19” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
How the ITA screen should look like:
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- Old: $633.20
- New: 435.20
- Old: PHL – DTW (Detroit) – NRT (Tokyo) – TPE (Taipei) – DPS (Bali – Denpasar) – TPE – NRT – JFK (New York) – PHL. Some segments will be operated by China Airlines under Delta flight numbers
- New: PHL – DTW (Detroit) – NRT (Tokyo) – TPE (Taipei) – DPS (Bali – Denpasar) – TPE – NRT – DTW – PHL. Some segments will be operated by China Airlines under Delta flight numbers
- Two permitted at $100 in the United States and one in Asia for free (but not Japan, Mariana Islands, Guam or Palau).
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 20,830 miles or 3.5 cents per mile.
- 2015: 3,166 miles or a difference of 17,664 miles.
- 2014: 21,110 miles or 2.6 cents per mile.
- 2015: 2,176 miles or a difference of 18,924 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta. If the flight options resulted back by ITA are not all Delta flight numbers but include flights on Garuda Indonesia, Korean Air or China Air, then add that carrier on Airline 2 on the “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” with Delta being Airline 1.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) – $1USD = 11,455 IDR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.