United and Delta is both putting Singapore on sale.
For United, its out of Newark and Chicago. For Delta, it is out of JFK for $896, from Chicago, it is $906 because it requires a double connection.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample with United from Newark
- October 8th – 16th
- Delta: Valid for travel on the outbound until November 30th or January 1st, 2015 – March 31st, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- United: Valid for travel on the outbound until November 30th or January 1st, 2015 – March 31st, 2015 for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /f bc=k
- Destination: SIN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /f bc=k
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For Delta availability, replace ua+ /f bc=k with dl+ /f bc=v on the advanced routing code fields)
- (For Chicago availability, replace NYC with ORD on the Departing from: field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Delta: V
- United: K
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- EWR – NRT (Tokyo) – SIN (Singapore) – NRT – EWR
- Delta: Three permitted. One in Asia for free (but not Japan / Mariana Islands / Guam / Palau) and two in the United States for $100 each.
- United: Two permitted at $100 each. None in Guam.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
United and Delta will be revenue based mileage earning in 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 11 for 1K / Diamond level members. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all United / Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of United / Delta flyers.
- 2014: 20,098 miles or 4.5 cents per mile.
- January 1st, 2015 (for Delta– United is March 1st, 2015): 3,891 miles or a difference of 16,207 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta or United
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD). $1USD = 1.26 SGD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.