Singapore for under $800 is a fantastic deal — especially one with two very good international carriers. You must follow the ITA instructions to find this price. ITA will price this at $857, however, when you go ticket this at CheapTickets, it will be $787.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 19th – 27th, 2015
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January, 2015 – April 30th, 2015. for Monday through Thursday departures. Must purchase at least 30 days in advance of departure. Departures from September – November 30th, 2014 for about $50 more.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: icn hkg cx
- Destination: SIN
- Return Advanced Routing Code: cx hkg icn
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- Korean Air: T
- Cathay Pacific: V
- IAD – ICN (Seoul) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SIN (Singapore) – HKG – ICN – IAD. You have to take this routing for this fare. The segments between DC and Hong Kong will be operated by Korean Air and the segments between Hong Kong and Singapore will be operated by Cathay Pacific
- Unlimited at $100 each.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 19,666 miles or 4.0 cents per mile. Korean Airlines and Cathay Pacific are partners with Alaska Air — we recommend you credit this fare there. The Korean segments will earn 70% mileage with Alaska and the Cathay Pacific segments will earn 50%. In total, you will earn 13,128 miles or 6.0 cents per mile with Alaska. Collect those miles — that’s enough for a domestic one-way reward ticket!
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapTickets link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Korean Airlines on Airline 1 and Cathay Pacific on Airline 2
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Singapore Dollar (SGD). $1USD = 1.26 SGD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the CheapTickets, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.