Delta and its SkyTeam partners (Air France, Alitalia and KLM) are putting Moscow and St. Petersburg on sale from a lot of cities. We found availability from all our coverage cities for either Moscow or St. Petersburg or both.
Here’s what we found from our coverage cities for Moscow / St. Petersburg
- Washington D.C [WAS]: $553 / $605
- New York [NYC]: Normal fare / $$555
- Boston [BOS]: $503 / $555
- Chicago [ORD]: $603 / $655
- Seattle [SEA]: $653 / $705
- Portland [PDX]: $653 / $705
- San Francisco [SFO]: $653 / $705
- Los Angeles [LAX]: $653 / $705
- Phoenix [PHX]: $653 / $715
- Dallas [DFW]: $603 / $670
- Miami [MIA]: $603 / $665
- Philadelphia [PHL]: Normal fare/ $570
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from DC to Moscow
- November 5th – 12th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 1st – March 12th, 2015 for Sunday through Wednesday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase by August 6th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Destination: SVO
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other city departures, replace WAS with airport code from above on the Departing from field)
- (For St. Petersburg, replace SVO with LED in the Destination field)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- $440 (it will vary depending on departure and destination city)
- DCA – JFK (New York) – SVO (Moscow) – JFK – DCA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 9,774 miles or 5.6 cents per mile.
- 2015: 2,200 miles or a difference of 7,574 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta, Air France, Alitalia or KLM
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Country Inns and Suites
- Design Hotels
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Marriott International
- Marriott, JW Marriott, Courtyard y Marriott, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Springhill Suites, Delta Hotels, Moxy, AC Hotels, TownePlace, Autograph Collection, Protea Hotels.
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 35.78 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.